SmartTools Newsletter

Could I ever be happy going from a Rubicon to a Sport?

• Could I ever be happy going from a Rubicon to a Sport?

JL, some day, but that day is killing me. I currently have a TJ Rubicon on 33s (and no sway bars, because reasons). The TJ would walk right through. Rubicon has provided. Just last week I went out on "easy" trail that had been washed out at one point. Going down I did not realize how bad it was until I was through it. When I turned around to go back I was glad I had the lockers. Since I drive a manual I find the 4: 1 low range to be very helpful as well.
      But my question revolves around the traction control systems on all vehicles today. On a JL Do you want to lose weight? Does not the traction control system provide braking to the wheel in the air, giving you a result that simulates a loose? And if so, is it good enough that I could be happy spending all that money on a rubicon?

Mein Auto:

• dylan77 schrieb:

JL, some day, but that day is killing me. I currently have a TJ Rubicon on 33s (and no sway bars, because reasons). The TJ would walk right through. Rubicon has provided. Just last week I went out on "easy" trail that had been washed out at one point. Going down I did not realize how bad it was until I was through it. When I turned around to go back I was glad I had the lockers. Since I drive a manual I find the 4: 1 low range to be very helpful as well.free netflix tech news android 9 But my question revolves around the traction control systems on all vehicles today. On a JL Do you want to lose weight? Does not the traction control system provide braking to the wheel in the air, giving you a result that simulates a loose? And if so, is it good enough that I could be happy spending all that money on a rubicon?
      Any update?

Mein Auto:

• Hallo @dylan77 ,

First of all: Welcome in this Forum.

I think, that possibly some may not find this threat or put it "in the right drawer". Maybe, our Admins can transfer it into the Wrangler part of this forum.

If you think between Rubicon and Sport edition of the Wrangler, you will have to note, that you get a quite different car with the Rubicon. That does not mean, that the "Sport" is not capable, but the roughness / toughness, you get i.e. with the axles and tranmission features of the "Rubicon" doesnt't have anything comparable. Even with the Sahara, you have a "bit less" in that perspective. The big Dana Axles are made for extreme situations and extra features as the unlock function of the forward stabilizers make the Rubicon specially capable and durable if your desire is to use it offroad.

Also the Sahara is very capable as I was able to experience myself but at the same price (as it is here in Germany) I would tend towards the Rubicon and maybe change the MT into AT tires, as they shoud make the driveability on road even better.

In the end, it will be your decision! I know however several cases, where people bought a "pricy" Wrangle and then started to rebuild the car... higher, other axles, other tires, fenders and bumpers etc... Sure, all Wranglers will probably be altered to some extent in their lifetime but with the Rubicon, you have an Offroader, which will not need much more in order be "top of the line".

I hope, this helped a bit - all the best for your decision...

cheers Pete

By the way: pleas tell us a bit more about yourself - where are you at home and in what area will you drive your car etc..
      gesendet von Pete
      My Omaha Orange
      new-jeep-forum.de/gallery/imag…03111e8e076c494b7e2a20ece
      Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2,0 D mit 170 PS und 9 Gangstufen Automatik, Omaha Orange, ROLA Dachkorb Sandbleche + Bergegeschirr nach Lage. Trekfinder Federn (plus 3cm), Spurplatten 5mm, AT-Reifen 225/65 R 17, Zusatzscheinwerfer vorne / hinten am Dachkorb, Reserverad "on top".

Mein Renegade: höher gelegter Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, 2,0 D, 170 PS, Omaha Orange

• Pete schrieb:

Hallo @dylan77 ,

First of all: Welcome in this Forum.

I think, that possibly some may not find this threat or put it "in the right drawer". Maybe, our Admins can transfer it into the Wrangler part of this forum.
      done

Gruß Thomas
      Gruß Thomas

Mitglied im JCD
      Stammtisch Rhein-Berg
      Metamorphose eines Wrangler JLU

Grüße aus dem Bergischen Land

Mein Auto: Wrangler Rubicon JLU MY24 Earl, wenig modifiziert - Grand Cherokee 4xe summit weiß/schwarz